Logo

Logo
Welcome to your creativity!

Friday, November 28, 2014

Stocking up for Christmas!

Although, it may not seem like it since my post have been few this month, I have been a very busy girl. I have several projects that I have been finishing up that will get written about very soon.

First of all I want to share with you the one that has taken me the longest to complete. It is also my favorite holiday tradition! Stockings!

When I was little, my Aunt Janie made me a felt stocking(seen above), and it is still growing strong after 30ish years. Everyone in my family, whether born into or married into, got their own personal stocking. It was her way of including everyone into the family. Since our family has expanded, I have chosen to continue this tradition with my side of our brood. 
These are felt stocking kits that are made by either Bucilla or Dimensions FeltWorks. You can find them online at their websites or on any shopping site: Etsy, Ebay. Amazon, etc.....

 My husband's stocking was a difficult choice. It was a retired kit made by Bucilla so therefore it was hard to find and brutally expensive. But my husband is a fisherman and I really wanted this one. So I waited, and kept watch for it online at different sites. And by miracle, God made it happen that Bucilla would re-release this and a couple other ones last year. I was super excited!
 Personally, I feel that Dimensions Kits have directions that are easier to understand and fewer pieces, therefore, for beginners, I recommend them. Bucilla kits have very many pieces and are very detailed with lots of embroidery. But they are beautiful! Either one you choose, these tedious little boogers will take an enormous amount of time. But with a little know-how, you can change anything on them you don't like.


 Taylor's was finished last Christmas.
 And Lucian's was made by an old family friend.
I am very happy to be finished with my family's stockings and now they can hang by the fireplace with style.
I love having that special touch of home-made craftiness in my home. There is just something about having something that travels along with you every holiday that brings back wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment